If you are looking for a light and bright spring salad, this one is going to make your taste buds sing!
This salad is so simplistic in execution but has an amazing depth of flavour. It carries a delightful highlight of textures with the couscous playing off the crunch of the almonds and the juiciness of the cranberries.
As a mom to a large family, I also love how readily available all of the ingredients are in any market, and how inexpensive it is to make!
In addition to standing on it’s own as a light salad, this dish would pair nicely with some Moroccan chicken to make a beautiful evening entree!
Healthy, delicious and easy. What’s not to love?
- 1½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- Combine broth, cranberries, cinnamon, and cumin in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove broth from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly, uncovered.
- Whisk oil and vinegar together; pour over couscous. Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature.