Hi y’all! Rose coming at you with the serious “mussel” power for a PEI summer time favourite.
Summer, seafood and beer all go hand in hand with a classic PEI summer.
This recipe was developed for your enjoyment by renowned Chef Steve Watson. Chef Watson has worked across England and Canada as an Executive Chef and has cooked for various dignitaries, including President Bill Clinton, Prime Minister Jean Chrétien and Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. So treat yourself like royalty and get add this recipe to your meal plan.
*Health Tip* One serving of mussels provides close to 100% of the daily-recommended intake of zinc, promoting good growth, brain function, and enhanced immunity to guard against flu and colds. So, really, you are eating this for your own good!
Give it a try and send us pics!
- 3 lbs. Iceberg Select™ mussels cleaned
- 1 Quidi Vidi Ale Beer
- 1 teaspoon Spy Glass Butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 250 ml Central Dairies 35% Whipping Cream
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- In large stockpot, place beer, cover and boil.
- Add mussels, chopped red onion, Central Dairies 35% Whipping Cream and chopped garlic. Steam until they open.
- Remove cooked mussels from the pot.
- Reduce reserve juice to 1 ½ cups.
- Add chopped parsley and lemon juice and pour over mussels.
- Serve immediately.