Grammies always make the BEST cookies! It must be because of all the love they put in them.
This chewy delight seems to have a history in most families being known by many names…haystacks, spider cookies and even rabbit turds!
These cookies are such an easy tradition to start with your family. With a quick no bake recipe and ingredients straight from your cupboard, your family will be enjoying these cookies for years to come.
In the Duckworth family, Grammie Duckworth’s recipe is always the one to follow. Give it a try and you can taste the love too!
- 2 cups White Sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ Cocoa
- 1 cup Coconut
- 3 cups Oatmeal
- Boil together sugar, butter and milk for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove
- Add cocoa, coconut and oatmeal
- Drop by spoon onto waxed paper on cookie sheet
- Put in freezer immediately for 10 minutes
- Remove from freezer and put in fridge for 2 hours