Dang! These meatballs are good! Not to play second fiddle to a plate of spaghetti, these meatballs are the star of the show for this meal.
Favouring sweet over spicy, these meatballs dance a tangy balance from the addition of cranberries to the sauce.
One of the best things about meatballs is that they are so versatile. Serve them on their own when entertaining or with your favourite side to enjoy a hearty dinner.
But let’s face it…Life is too busy and we can’t start from scratch with every meal! Thanks to these semi cheatin’ meatballs you can have a full and satisfying meal any night of the week. When you are planning on doing these up, double your batch and freeze extra meatballs in resealable freezer bags to cheat the clock on a busy weeknight! Just make sure to lay the bags flat in freezer so meatballs will freeze individually.
You can store these safely in the freezer for up to 3 months and when you are ready for them, just thaw the amount you want in the fridge for several hours or overnight before using. Simply prepare the sauce and pour it all over once the meatballs are thawed.
Unlike those spaghetti meatballs, none of these will be rolling off the table and out the door. They won’t last long enough to go anywhere but in your belly!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef/pork/chicken
- 1 pkg (120g) prepared stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 455 ml bbq sauce
- 398 ml whole cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a cookie sheet pan or 2 with foil; spray with cooking spray. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and eggs until blended. Shape into small meatballs; place on prepared pan.
- Bake 16 min or until done. Meanwhile, bring barbecue sauce and cranberry sauce to a boil in large saucepan on medium heat; string occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce; stir to evenly coat.