On yet another ridiculous PEI storm day my husband was cooking up a storm of his own in the kitchen. Making his de-licious apple crisp!
My husband Derek is one of those people who doesn’t have to follow a recipe. I don’t know how people do that because sometimes even when I do follow a recipe I manage to screw it up. Yeah, it’s a thing around here, I hate when that happens. So I ask him how he makes things so I can blog it (and he actually has trouble telling me what he did). But here goes!
- 4-5 apples
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chop up apples and put in a bowl
- Sprinkle with white sugar and a bit of salt
- Mix together brown sugar and melted butter
- Add in flour and oats
- Place chopped apples in a 1.5L baking dish
- Put the mix on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes